Tuesday, May 15, 2012

#21: start a regular yoga practice

So as the the title of this post depicts, we're going to discuss goal #21 on my list: start a regular yoga practice. Back in January I started attending yoga classes twice a week for an hour and a half and I was feeling really great, and really getting in the yoga mindset. But with my schedule adjusting to fit my training classes at work, I could no longer go. And I've been feeling really bummed about it because even though I claimed it was "easy" every time I was done with yoga, I was actually seeing results in my body. I've mentioned before that I've seen results with my running lately too, but they're different results.
So, Groupon has come to the rescue. In my inbox this morning, I had a nice little surprise for me...
$30 for 5 Bikram Yoga sessions. 
Now, I said I would never do Bikram yoga. Why? 
BECAUSE THE ROOM YOU'RE DOING YOGA IN IS 105 DEGREES. On purpose.
So clearly, I lied to myself when I said I would never do Bikram Yoga, since I just bought that Groupon. It's true that I might pass out and/or throw up while doing said yoga, but...I couldn't turn it down. One of the yoga studios that's offering the deal is literally 8 miles down the road from me, so it would be staring me in the face every time I passed by it if I didn't decide to go for it.

Another reason I decided to just buy the deal before really thinking about it is what went in to my body this past weekend. Don't get me wrong, I can honestly say this was the most fun I've had in a long, long time. We had visitors from Maui (who attended our wedding there!) and my best friend of 18 years came in town from Dallas (see her guest post here). So the weekend included eating grilled octopus and mac n cheese at one of my all-time favorite restaurants, loads of appetizers like taco cupcakes (yes, taco cupcakes), black bean salads and queso for a party at our house, a lonestar keg, palomas to drink, and not a single ounce of exercise! 
And I just sent the husband a countdown text to the Bahamas: 50 days.
So, see what I mean? After the weekend we had, I couldn't turn down an opportunity to try the sweatiest form of yoga 50 days before I leave for a trip where all I'll be wearing is a bathing suit. 

If any of you Austinites are interested in joining me on this ridiculously sweaty and uncomfortable adventure, here's the link to the Groupon.

Have any of you done Bikram yoga before? Am I totally going to regret it? 
Be honest.




No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for stopping by! your comment means a lot.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS