Monday, May 21, 2012

bikram yoga + quick summer to-do list

Remember I mentioned buying that Groupon for ten 90-minute Bikram yoga classes?
Well, I went to my first class yesterday afternoon. Let me tell ya, there's no better way to spend a Sunday afternoon than sweating through every piece of clothing that you're wearing, and feeling extremely inferior because you're positioned behind a 110 lb yogi girl made of pure muscle. But seriously, there's not.
IT. WAS. AWESOME.
I really and truly did feel like I would pass out within 20 minutes of being in there. And if I wasn't as proud and hard-headed as I am, or if I was in there one-on-one with the instructor, I would've stepped out of the room to regain my consciousness and, you know, be able to breathe real air. But, alas...I could not bear the though of these people thinking, "oh, the newb. I knew she wouldn't be able to make it" (the instructor happily told the entire class that I was the only newcomer to Bikram. Thanks.)
Did I mention that the class was 90 minutes? Oh, I did? Well, that's a hell of a long time. I was sitting very close to the thermostat, and because I'm somewhat masochistic, I kept looking at it to see if it would ever get down to a temperature that didn't make me want to throw up. But no, it stayed at an even 105-108 the entire time.
This sounds like a lot of complaining and exaggeration, but it's not. As soon as the class was over, I felt really, really great, accomplished, stretched, and strong. I can't wait to get to another class (which I think will be this Wednesday), and hopefully this will help me cross off a goal: start a regular yoga practice.


In other news, I made a quickie summer to-do list:
Things I'm going to accomplish this summer:
(I count Summer as now through the beginning of September!)

1. Read 4 more books
2. Get through all 10 of my Bikram yoga classes (although ideally, I'd like to accomplish this before I go to the Bahamas on July 5)
3. Complete at least 2 more craft projects
4. Host a Sunday night supper in June or July
5. Take photos using something other than my iPhone

What's on your quickie summer to-do list? 
Fitness goals? Family goals? Work goals? Travel goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for stopping by! your comment means a lot.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS