Tuesday, September 18, 2012

images that inspire: {northern lights}

goal #23 on my 30before30 list is to see the northern lights.
now, i realize that's a little bit out of my control. just because i go to a place where they regularly appear doesn't mean they'll necessarily show up for me - i know that. but, dammit, i will try my hardest to see them.
i'm slightly nerdy,  so learning about why these beautiful lights show up in the sky was really intriguing to me (energy charged particles colliding with atoms! imagine me pushing up my glasses with my index finger right now), and now i just have to be able to take it in for myself.
i've been collecting these images the past several months & they just take my breath away every time i look at them, so i want to share them with you.










1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

all of these pictures were taken in alaska, which is where i'm eventually hoping to see them. within the next few years, we'll be going on an alaskan cruise with the full intention of crossing #23 off! it helps that my brother and his girlfriend live in seattle, where we'd have to depart from, so we'd get to spend time with them too. 2 birds, 1 stone.
i don't want to be one of those people who is so consumed by taking pictures of something that they lose sight of actually getting to enjoy it in person. you know those people, right? i usually find myself wanting to poke them and say, "look at it!! and not through a lens!!"

have any of you ever been to alaska? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for stopping by! your comment means a lot.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS