Monday, January 30, 2012

motivated monday

Monday! It's here!
We had a very eventful weekend over at my house. On Friday, we found out we were probably buying a new car within the next week or so, and by Saturday evening, we were the proud owners of a new car. How did that happen? I realized this weekend that if there's something that I loathe more than going to the dentist, it's going to car dealerships. And dealing with car salesmen. No offense if any of you are, or know, car salesmen but...my lord. They are obnoxious. Regardless, we are happy! New cars are fun. They would be so much more fun without the money that comes along with them, but hey. You can't have it all.
Speaking of having it all, I want (or want to make) everything on this motivated Monday list.


I love decanters! Is that weird? I saw this image in a blog post that I read daily and it reminded me that I want to buy one soon. Nothing looks cooler or fancier at a dinner party than a decanter airing out your red wine. Class in a glass.

I can't stop looking at this house, you guys. It's so amazing! Beautiful and minimalistic, with tons of windows and open spaces. I highly recommend that you click on the source link along the bottom of the 2nd picture and enjoy the company's website and more pictures of this house.


Stenciled leather. Aren't these great? They started off as plain white chairs and ended up as the perfect pop of pattern and color. And since it's DIY, it's cheap! Well maybe not cheap, but cheapER than paying someone or buying them already stenciled.

Comfy beds. I think beds say a lot about a person. I can't stand stuffy beds with lots of useless pillows (the scene from Along Came Polly always runs through my head when I see those damn decorative pillows)...these beds are perfect. They look lived in, comfortable and easy. Beautiful.


My dad lives in Guadalajara, which I've mentioned before. What I haven't mentioned is that he is amazingly well-traveled. One of the things that I've always loved at his house was his huge world map (we're talking huge, takes up half of a large wall) - on that map, he's pinpointed everywhere he's ever visited, using these tiny red stars. I decided when I was little that I wanted to do the same thing, so I came across this pretty cork map. I'm doin' it! What a cool thing for our kids to see, right?

Housewarming party invitations. I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself here since we're definitely not moving anytime soon, but this is a very cute idea.

Love the colors involved, and the idea for an anniversary or birthday party.

These babies are mine! They're quite bright, no? I'm determined to make them look damn good this spring...we'll see how that goes.


And lastly, as usual, a reminder for me:

I hope you guys all have a great Monday & don't have to deal with any car salesmen anytime soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for stopping by! your comment means a lot.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS