Monday, February 6, 2012

motivated monday

Feliz Monday! I'm feeling very motivated today. That's not true. I just typed it to see if I could lie to myself, and I couldn't. The truth is that I'm feeling sleepy, lethargic and quite honestly, I feel like reading my new book is the only thing that I should be required to do today. I think I've mentioned this before, but I used to be an avid reader when I was younger. Probably up until I turned 20, I read a LOT. And lately, not so much. Which is why one of the goals on my list is to read at least one book a month for one year (#11). I'm not one of those people who goes to Wal-Mart and picks up the first semi-romantic, girly book they see. I'm pretty picky with my books. I pick them meticulously so I get pissed when I finish the book and I hated it. So I know that reading 12 books in one year doesn't seem like a huge accomplishment to most, but when you're super anal about the books you read, it's a difficult thing to do, okay?! 2 books down so far this year (Not That Kind of Girl, by Carlene Bauer & The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson), at least 10 more to go.
Enough of me talking about myself (even though that's what this entire blog is about), let's move on to my Motivated Monday images.

I have to put this set of images up first because I am completely in love with this project by Tom Robinson. In 2005 while on vacation with his girlfriend, he started photographing their feet in front of beautiful backdrops. Since then, he's taken more than 90 travel photos like the ones below. Most recently, a tiny set of feet have been included in the photos, since they recently welcomed a new baby girl. Doesn't this make you just want to travel? And photograph?
(click the source link below to see all the photos)



Will one of my friends please, for the love of god, have a baby girl?! I need to throw a baby shower so that I can have ombre balloons and beautiful little girly cookies and cakes. Why will no one grant me this wish?




I love the beach more than I can explain, so it's been decided that we will be spending my 25th birthday somewhere tropical this July. Which means that I have too many feelings to explain. Extreme excitement from getting a tan while hanging out with my most favorite people in the world and drinking something fruity and alcoholic, extreme anger at the fact that I have to get in a bikini, and back to extreme excitement that I'll be turning 25 surrounded by awesomeness. But let's focus on that middle emotion, yes? Here is my motivation for the next 5 months...(today is exactly 5 months before our departing date!)


Can you tell I'm in to the ombre effect lately? I really like the look of these yarn wrapped letters. I wouldn't do them with the word love, but I think these would look great in our loft or guest room, in shades of yellow...or maybe even black fading all the way in to white? I don't see the husband being a big fan of the pink, Valentine's day colors.

And as I always end these, with a reminder for myself. I -will- do a better job of this going forward.

I hope you have a great Monday and found at least one thing to motivate you today and through the rest of the week!

(original 30before30 list here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for stopping by! your comment means a lot.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS