Tuesday, February 21, 2012

motivated monday: tradition edition

It is Tuesday today. And I'm going to post my Motivated Monday post without any shame at all. Yesterday got away from me, in the best way possible. I got a lot of work done, I had a lot of great conversations at work, I did a lot of planning [trips, health, life, etc], and I got a one-on-one yoga session that was so needed and so wonderful. So, even though I know you guys were just sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for a Monday post, it's coming a day late, but it's themed! There are several things on my list that tie in to starting/having traditions with friends and/or family. For example -
 #7: start a movie night tradition with my husband & kids, #10: start a camping tradition, #14: start a sunday night supper tradition.

What traditions do you have with your family or friends? Or what traditions do you want to start with them?

Growing up, my family & I didn't really have very many traditions. The one that sticks out in my mind is the grapes at midnight on New Year's Eve. Anyone else's family do that? You eat one grape every time the clock strikes (so a total of 12 grapes, duh) and with each grape you eat, you say a resolution to yourself. We haven't done that in years, but I'm planning to bring that back.
I have a friend whose boyfriend goes on a ski trip every year around his birthday, with a huge group of friends. Now, I'd imagine myself to be a terrible skiier but I'd be great at sitting inside a warm lodge next to a fireplace with some spiked hot cocoa! Anyone with me? Either way, the tradition sounds like a blast.
So for this Motivated Monday, I'm sharing some images that have made me think of those 3 things on my 30before30 list that I hope turn in to traditions with my favorite people.

Camping! Good friends, a good brew, marshmallows, campfires, sunburns. Count me in.


Movie Nights! I've always loved movies...to the point where I could spend an entire day wrapped under blankets watching one after another.
So when I say start a movie night tradition, I don't mean just order a pizza and watch a movie every week. In my head, there are themes involved and food planning and the task of creating the most comfy layout ever.

And lastly, starting a Sunday night supper tradition. In my head, this one involves sitting outside on our deck, grilling, summery drinks and such. So, perfection.

So, are there any traditions you and your family/friends do that I should consider adding?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for stopping by! your comment means a lot.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS