Tuesday, February 7, 2012

results: craft night #3 of 2012

Last Thursday I hosted a Scrubs & Sangria night at my house. And even though some of the ladies thought that meant that we were going to watch the TV show Scrubs, what it really meant is that we were going to make the sugar and salt scrubs I've been talking about! This isn't 2002, ladies. Is Scrubs even on anymore?!
I was really happy with the results and my skin is baby soft. I would say all of the supplies cost around $38 and we were able to make 10 scrubs total - one salt and one sugar for each lady involved. And we probably could've made about 2 more if I hadn't run out of containers. So when you're paying $12 for a small container of Burt's Bees sugar scrub, I'd say this is quite the steal. So here are the supplies we used:
We had 2 jars for each person, 2 small bottles of Vitamin E, and 3 different scents (coconut, peppermint and vanilla). We used natural sea salt and cane sugar, and mixed in a little bit of light brown sugar as well. Not pictured is the sunflower oil.
We didn't actually follow any recipe because I found about 10 different ones, which made me think we could just make it however we wanted. And it turned out well! If I were guessing though, I'd say we used 2 cups of white sugar, 1/4 cup of light brown sugar, 5-6 drops of Viramin E, 1/4 cup of sunflower oil and about 8-10 drops of scent per container. For the salt scrubs, about 1 3/4 cups of salt, 1/2 cup sugar and the same amounts of scents, sunflower oil and Vitamin E.





We had a great time and may have had entirely too many glasses of sangria. I'll definitely be making these on my own when my scrubs run out. Next craft night: candle making.


(original 30before30 list here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for stopping by! your comment means a lot.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS